1. My daughter (Shelby) is arrested and in jail in LA (CA), along with baby daddy (Ebony), charged for attempted murder and burglary. Her baby, Ellie, is in foster care and I (and my ex husband, Mike) am currently trying to get custody, but the bureaucracy in California blows chunks. Story is though; she, Ebony and Ellie were coming out of the library when Shelby's ex boyfriend (George) approached and started an altercation with Ebony. Fighting ensued, Shelby pulled knife from her purse and began stabbing George to defend Ebony. Both were arrested, George was hospitalized, and Ellie placed in protective custody. Ebony and Shelby have both signed parental rights over to us, but there is an obnoxious "process" that must first be completed before we get Ellie. We have to be investigated, house and individually - to make sure the kid won't be going to a thug-like household. Oh, and found out Shelby is preggers - with a baby girl - due November 22nd. So, we'll be acquiring two kiddos in about a month.
2. Having to short-sale my condo and move back to Monroe, with Mike. I'll be moving into the basement apartment, but I've been preparing the rooms for the kids. That also means I'll be leaving the city - which is breaking my heart. It really, really hurts. However, I am glad that Mike is accepting and willing to take us in and become a parent, for his step grandkids. He's a good guy.
3. My mom finally got moved to neuro rehab about three weeks ago, but she's itching to regain her independence so much so that she's pretty-much scheming her way out and plans on signing herself out of rehab tomorrow to return to her apartment. She has lost most control of her right arm and with each seizure, that moves into the loss of her right leg. She's very stubborn (glad it skipped a generation) and refuses to let her body take the time it needs to heal.
4. As I was on my way to Mike's about two weeks ago, to start working on Ellie's room, a woman turned left on Ponce/Scott and ran into me, forcing me to crash my car. I ran over the curb, a street sign (pulled it out of the ground), and I've been in a rental car for about two weeks now.
5. Jay and I broke up. It's been a long time coming. We both love and care for each other very much and have a great time together, but it's just not in the cards for us. I don't regret our time together and I'll always cherish our time together - the crazy ups and downs (which were aplenty). We've had many breakups and get-back-togethers, but this is the final one. I wish him well and hope he finds happiness. His family is near and dear to my heart and I hope to stay in their lives. They are good people - he comes from good stock. I also hope to stay in touch with and see Ben when he visits. He's a smart one, not to mention a little cutie. Sometimes I think it's the collateral damage that makes the cut hurt the most.
So, that's the outline for the next several blogs to come. But, finally, I wrote it down. One thing that will be therapeutic is my return to writing. That will help me get through all of this right now, and the future. So, changes, they are a coming. Stay tuned.
Here are some photos of happenings.
Ellie's room (formerly Shelby's room) is coming along. He'll be five November 30th.
Mike's house in Monroe, GA (which is about halfway between Atlanta and Athens - but closer to Athens):
Jay's grandmother's (Lurline) 100'th birthday celebration at the Braves - she's a huge fan.