Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Tag-You're It!

Thanks for this tag goes out to "Ascian in Rose," "Claudia" and "Fancy New Beesly."

So the point of this game is you post a blog about ten weird habits/random facts about yourself, and then "tag" ten people who then have to post a blog about their ten weird habits/random facts. You have to tag them in your blog and then post a comment on their page saying that you tagged them. No tag-backs are allowed.

1)  I twist my hair when I'm thinking or distracted.

2)  I played softball in school for four years.

3) I once (when I was 16) got a job at a "sit-down restaurant," Arthur's, and thought I was hired on to be a hostess, or cashier.  I show up for work and the assistant manager shows me around.  He then takes me back into the kitchen and introduces me to this huge vat of clams or oysters (which looked like slimy brains) and told me to take one, dip it in breading and place it like so on the baking sheet.  He asked me if I had any questions.  I told him no but said I needed to go to the bathroom and I'd be right back.  I walked out of the kitchen and then out the front door, and ran.  I only lived a few blocks away but I ran all the way home.  I couldn't bear the thought of having to put my hands in that vat of brains.

4) My birthmark is in my eyeball.  I have a brown streak going across the iris of my right eye.  My mother has always told me it was my birthmark.  I tried taking a picture of it to post on here but you couldn't really see the streak.  You could see a good reflection of my camera in my eyeball though.

5) Believe it or not,  I'm shy.  I have to force myself to speak to strangers and make small talk.  It doesn't come naturally to me.  I do try and do it though.  However, once the alcohol starts flowing all shyness disappears.  Funny, uh?

6) When I was four years old I decided I was going to run away from home.  I guess I had had it with my parents and was going to liberate myself from their oppresive rule.  So, I packed my Barbie-doll suitecase (that Barbies were stored in) full of my white t-shirts and underwear.  I remember thinking that I would just wear the outfit I had on over and over again.  I made myself a peanut-butter and jelly sandwich and set off for a new and independent life.  I walked to the second house past mine, stopped, sat down, and ate my sandwich.  My dad came, sat down with me and convinced me to come back home.

7) I took an art class in the 7th grade.  We were learning to draw people and the teacher had students take turns being the model.  We had to stand very still atop a drawing desk in the center of the room.  The day it was my turn to be the model I climbed up and stood in position.  The next thing I remember was being slapped in the face by the art teacher.  I had fainted, fallen off of the table and onto the floor.  The teacher slapped me to "wake me up."  I had locked my kness.  Lesson: Don't lock your knees when standing for long periods of time.  You will fall, hit your head and get slapped in the face by an art teacher.

8) I asked Mike (now my husband) out on a date, while I was a student in his class.   It was the second class I had taken with him.  He was a brand new professor and had just received his PhD.  He told me to ask him again once the class was over.  I was so embarrassed!!!!  But, apparently not embarrassed enough to keep me from asking a second time.  That was the only time I had ever asked a man out.

9) I started a protest one year while I was in high school.  It was the first year that our school system was recognizing Martin Luther King Jr. day as a school holiday.  The problem was that only the city schools were observing the holiday and closing the schools.  The county schools (which I attended) did not get to close.  I thought a terrible injustice was ocurring and staged a protest, by encouraging fellow students to not attend school that day.  My friend, Angie, and I hung out with some new people and drove around and just had a good ole time.  The next several people were suspended--including me.  But justice was served!  Today, city and county schools are closed on MLK Jr day--just not due to my protest. ;-)

10) I got arrested once for hitting a girl over the head with a beer bottle.  It was part of a big ruckus in a bar and I don't know what possessed me to do it, but I did.  I was banned from the bar for a month.  Luckily, nothing really happened, I just went to a different bar for that month.

I hereby tag: Tee2, Bra$$ Knuckle$ (who never writes blogs!), King Matt (also who never blogs!), Karen, Corybelle, Lori, Dave, "Traveling Cats", Josie and James Gunn's Red Hat.

No comments: