I haven't posted in a few days and quite a lot has happened during those days.
1. My mom died the day after my last post.
2. Drove to Knoxville and signed the papers for her cremation, drove back the same night because I had to fly to California the next morning.
3. Flew to LA for the dependency hearing, the next day and was awarded temporary custody of Ellie - that day.
4. It took pretty much all day for the court to get the paperwork in order for me to leave with Ellie.
5. Left the courthouse with Ellie, drove to his foster home and collected his belongings. We tried to make it back in time to Trick-or-Treat, but it got too late too soon and opted for a cozy dinner instead.
7. Some idiot decided to shoot people at LAX, about an hour after we booked our tickets. It was a day of pure hell. Here's a link to the photos I took during the whole ordeal. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151975461494847.1073741829.821109846&type=1&l=b0fe7607e2
8. We ended up having to stay the night in a hotel and catch an early flight the next morning. It was Ellie's very first time on a plane. He did great!
12. Tuesday morning was the big day! Ellie started school and he did great!
15. I've been trying to get the apartment downstairs ready for me to move in - but that's been slow-going due to all of the other stuff. I still don't have a closing date for my condo, which is good, since the apartment is not yet ready for me to move in it, and I don't have the time to move right now. My heart is still broken for having to move away from Midtown. I'm painting downstairs, the apartment, to try and make it as cozy and comfy and make it "my own space" - just really really wish it were in Midtown or Virginia Highlands or Decatur, or even inside the perimeter (insert sad pouty face here).
16. After Mike teaches Saturday, I'm returning to my condo for the rest of the evening and then flying back to California on Sunday. I'll be out there until Shelby gives birth. She's due November 22nd. Once the baby is born, I'll come back and then it'll be two kiddos. But at least that part will mostly be over and I'll be able to focus on closing and getting moved.
17. Jay is coming out for a weekend for a nice little get-away, the week before she's due. That'll be a nice little getaway. In one of my previous blogs I wrote that we broke up - which we did - but he's really wanting to try and give this one more chance. My heart hurts, because I do love him and we have a good time together, but if this is going to work, then it's going to take a lot of nurturing (on both of our parts) to keep it going. Unfortunately, I'm a little overwhelmed right now and so he's gonna have to pull a lot more weight than he's had to in the past. I guess we'll see if he's up for the challenge. I do know this - I don't have the luxury of time to play games of the heart anymore. I hope it works. We'll see.
18. The other good thing about me being out in LA, besides being there for the birth of the baby, is having the ability to talk with her lawyers. I'll also get to attend a hearing that's set for November 12th and I can see her for visitations.
So, that's a quick update of things that's happened over the last week.
Oh, almost forgot: I've been looking for a "time-out" chair. Jon sent the perfect one with Shane. It's perfect and I love it!
Going to bed now. Goodnight, Moon.