Wednesday, September 24, 2008

iPhone Limitations - Know Before You Buy

I was one of the ones who drank the Kool-Aide, or bought the Heineken, or however you want to say it. I was dazzled by the iPhone and had an opportunity to get one of the new iPhone 3G's, along with several of my coworkers. While I don't hate it, it has several limitations that my "old phone" did not.

Bad things about the iPhone:
1. You can't forward a text message
2. You can't receive a photo in your text message
3. You can take a photo and send it to someone else's phone (you can send it to an email address)
4. It does not have video recording capability
5. The battery dies quickly - especially if you actually use your iPhone
6. It's service is exclusive to AT&T, (and I've not been at all impressed with the coverage, since switching from Verizon)

Good things about the iPhone:
1. Internet capability is great
2. Mobile applications can be added that are great (ie: Twitter, Facebook, Sportacular, Movies and Shazam)
3. YouTube
4. Retrieving and syncing email
5. The maps application actually acts very similar as GPS

1 comment:

Delaney said...

I don't think I'll ever get an iphone. I just can't afford it and I'm worried that there are many problems that haven't been worked out yet. :(

I'm a wait and see type of girl.