Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Quick update......more to come

I don't have a lot of time this morning, but I wanted to let you know that I quit my job!  Friday is my last day.  WaHoo!  I just can't take the commute any more.  I seriously think I'd lose my shit if I knew I had to drive all that way to deal with people I'm tired of dealing with for any longer.  Meanwhile, I'm looking for another job.  I am going to a career fair tomorrow.

In an effor to meet people and hopefully change my career path, I'm gonna start volunteering at Image Film & Video.  They are a nonprofit organization that runs the Atlanta Film Festival and OutOnFilm Festval, Atlanta's gay and lesbian film festival (which is 19 years old!).  Check out these web sites OutOnFilm and Image Film and Video.  I attended a salon they had last night which was great.  I got to meet several people, including Image's new President/CEO Gabe Wardell and its new Festival Director Dan Krovich.  They both seem like excellent men with a lot of plans for Image.  I also met Garrin, the marketing director and Elizabeth the education program director.  I will be doing volunteer work for both of them.  Monday, October 30, Image is a having a "Local's Only" horror-film screening which sounds like it will be a lot of fun.  The films that will be shown will only be done from local film makers.  Anybody can come watch them, so I hope my Atlanta friends will come.  Dress up!!

Okay, I will write more later but I have to go to work now.  Ugh!!  I know, it's almost over, but still.

It's almost Office Thursday!! WaHoo!!!!

No comments: