Monday, April 27, 2015

Today

Today

I am freeing myself
I am freeing myself of the longing and the want
Of the thing you will never have

I am freeing myself of the time constraints
placed upon us by your desires to drink and smoke
and not share in the things I want to do

I am freeing myself of the vast amounts of time
I spend thinking of you, worring about you, wanting you
wanting you to want me, wanting you to want what I want

I am freeing myself of the imbalance, the inequity
Of wanting things done your way
Without thoughts of me, or Us
Of wanting shared experiences

Today I am freeing myself of the lives, the hope, the caves, the lakes and plentiful parks
That live and thrive in Austin
That I so wanted to be part of, but you did not want me to take part in

I am freeing myself of your family
Whom I love so much
This, by far, will be the most difficult part

Today was filled with sunshine, the smell of honesuckle trees and dancing
Today lives were given and taken
Today decisions were made

Today, I free myself of my addiction
You

And also Today, I free you
Of Me

Tomorrow, I will start to heal

No comments: