Friday, January 25, 2008

Tired.......and just ranting......

I'm tired. I'm tired of people and things and things that people do and don't do. I'm tired of people's expectations of me. I'm tired of trying to please people or being the one that is supposed to have the answers. I'm just tired.

I'm tired of excuses. I'm tired of people using excuses, thinking excuses are reasons why they do or do not do something. Don't people get tired of being victims? My God, I mean, why is it okay to point at so many people and things and say it's because of all or some of those people and/or things that you are the way you are, or are not. Why do some people let others drive their lives? At what point do you step up and take control of your own life and realize that you are really the only one who can take the steps that need to be taken for you to become the person you want to become or turn your life into whatever it is you want it to be? (I know that was a long runon sentence, but just deal with it.)

I'm tired of being blamed for things that are beyond my control. I'm tired of trying to act like I actually have something to do with things that are beyond my control (which is my own fault and something I have deal with). I'm just tired.

I'm tired of having to explain myself over and over again. I'm tired of talking. I'm tired of being looked to as the person who is responsible for other peoples' happiness--for their own personal sense of satisfaction, for their own self-esteem. I'm tired.

I'm tired of feeling like I'm being selfish for trying to take care of myself and find my own happiness. Why is it that it's considered selfish if I'm actually doing what it takes to accomplish my goals, instead of focusing my energy on people who aren't even motivated enough to pry themselves from a couch or another person? I'm tired of being blamed for, or held accountable for, other people's sadness, unhappiness or stagnant lives.

If given all of the tools in which it takes to succeed, and the person declines to use those tools, at what point is the person responsible for the consequences of those actions, or inactions?







My challenge to you:

1) Tell me what motivates you. What makes you get off of the couch? What makes you get out of bed every morning? What is it inside of you that keeps you going?

2) How can you help somebody tap into that thing that will get them up every day, and get them motivated?

3) At what point, if any, do you give up?

No comments: