Tuesday, November 20, 2007

I give thanks for.......

So, in the spirit of Thanksgiving, a friend of mine asked me today the things for which I'm thankful. Below is my list.

I'm thankful for:
human triumphs - when the soul and spirit work in tandem
empathy - the invisible connector to the world
visionaries - the world's trail blazers
musicians - fondlers of the soul
storytellers - visual and verbal illustrators of the essence of existence
old friends - repository lock-boxes for youth
pregnant pauses - meaningful forethought suspended in action
knowing glances - visceral intimacy
self-preservation - helps us satisfy our basic survival needs
personal perseverance - provides the means to accomplish self-preservation
boredom - a truly natural state of being
sarcasm - irony "on steroids"
wit - quickly distinguishes intellectually remarkable people
inside jokes - they make us feel special
intuition - allows us to feel magical
math - helps us organize, categorize and provide order
antibiotics - they're life savers
vaccines - are an excellent example of Utilitarianism
awkward silences - they develop character
tender touches - they make us feel loved
heartaches - teachers of appreciation
human pheromones - nature's own "eHarmony"
basic five senses - our internal Swiss Army Knife
laughter - a universal language and life preserver
passion - the active ingredient in go-getters and lovers
love - the irrational, idealistic and romantic protagonist of the heart
reason - the drill sergeant of the appetite

Well, that'll do it for now. I'm also thankful for my family, friends and pets. If it weren't for them, I doubt I'd be thankful for the things listed above. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday!

Hugs and kisses.
--Paula

No comments: