Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Thank you for.........

So, I got this workbook, "Don't Sweat The Small StuffWorkbook," to help me deal with difficult things and people in my life.  Lately, things and people have become very difficult.  So, I recognized I needed help.  Luckily, I happened to be in Border's bookstore shortly after coming to this realization and found the worbook in the bargin bin!  Salvation for only $5.99.  Seriously, can it get any sweeter than that?!

Anyway, one of the exercises in the workbook instructs me to spend a moment every day thinking of someone to thank.  It lists 39 reasons to be grateful--some of which I will use here and some I have developed on my own.  Anyways, here goes:

1.  Thank you, Shane and Shelby, for helping me grow into the person that I am today.  Without you, I don't know where I might be.
2.  Thank you, Mike, for loving me even during my most schizophrenic moments.
3.  Thank you, Daisy, for loving everyone unconditionally.
4.  Thank you, Patricia, for staying in touch with me, knowing that I'm horrible at keeping in contact with people.
5.  Thank you, Xanna, for writing the nice notes after the film festival and for subscribing to (and reading) my blog.
6.  Thank you, Buddy, for having such an awesome personality.
7.  Thank you, Gabe, for getting to know me and then still hiring me.
8.  Thank you, Jessica, for driving four hours to spend time with me.
9.  Thank you, Paul, for listening to me bitch incessently, and then still calling me.
10.  Thank you, Wafa, for making me homemade Tiramasu.
11.  Thank you, Laura, for being such a strong woman.
12.  Thank you, Deanna, for making me laugh.
13.  Thank you, Holly, for taking care of me when I was sick from drinking too much.
14.  Thank you, Dr. Smith, for teaching me regression analysis at Mercer.

I have to thank lots of people who do the little things that mean so much to me.  So, instead of naming each person (you know who you are), I'm just gonna say thanks for the thing it is that makes me happy when you do it.

Thanks for calling me for no real reason.
Thanks for taking my feelings seriously.
Thanks for introducing me to Catcher in the Rye.
Thanks for the light touches.
Thanks for the words of encouragement and tender back scratches.
Thanks for riding in the car while I drive and not threatening to sue me.
Thanks for giving me good advice and not telling me "I told you so" when I didn't follow it.
Thanks for dancing with me.
Thanks for singing out loud with me.
Thanks for forcing me to stop what I was doing and go outside to look at the stars with you.
Thanks for texting me.

Okay, that's it for now.  More workbook sheets later. Ciao!
(Please don't be offended if I forgot you on here.........charge it to my mind and not my heart)

No comments: