Monday, March 12, 2007

Okay, I've held it in long enough.........

Ugh......I've not really been too open about this.......but it's gonna come out whether I want it to or not.  I'm really too young for this to be even be happening, but, nonetheless it is.  My son, Shane, and his girlfriend, Liz, are having a baby.  Next month.  He's 19.  She's twenty-three or four or something.  So, technically, yes, that means that I will be a parent of a parent.  I'm 37.  This isn't right.  Yes, I was young when I had Shane, and yes, he's actually older now than I was when I had him, but still....that was way back then and this is now.  I was young and dumb, incredibly so.  I worked really hard to overcome that monumental dumb streak.  I know, I can bitch about it all I want but it's not gonna stop it from happening.  So, the baby (a girl) is due April 14.  Yes, I've held it in....I know, I know.  So, this means that pretty soon I will have another name--but it WILL NOT be grandma, grammy, nana, nanny, mammaw, or anything else that identifies a traditional grandparent.  I am not a traditional parent of a parent.  So, I need your help.  Do you know of any names besides the old tried and true ones?  Any ideas?  Any words of wisdom?  My God, I don't want this to be happening right now.........ughhhh

No comments: