Saturday, October 14, 2006

Follow up from before........

It's over!!  I'm done with my job.  WaHoo!!  Yesterday was my last day at work.  Do I feel sad at all?  Only because I'll miss a few people but other than that, Nope!  A new day is dawning and I want in on it.


Okay, so I started volunteering at Image Film and Video this week.  The first thing I did was contact other volunteers and try to establish some sort of schedule.  I labeled some DVDs for the film festival and then helped Garrin with some MySpace stuff (which was the most fun part).  Atlanta's LGBT, OutOnFilm, film festival is coming up in November (10th-16th) so Image is trying to get everything ready for that.  I think it's going to be awesome!  Help spread the word by clicking on the image and adding them to your friends list.



Copy & Paste on your page.


I thought I might have royally screwed up another opportunity for film experience, with The Woman's Angle, because I mixed up the meeting date.  I had missed the initial meeting of this project but planned to attend the second one.  I established contact with woman spearheading it, Tracy Martin, and promised to be there at the second meeting.


The meeting was scheduled for Oct. 11 but I put it in my head and on my calendar for Oct. 12th.  On the night of Oct. 11, I was checking emails and decided to review The Woman's Angle site in preparation for the meeting the next day.  When I read the date on the site I about shit.  I immediately emailed Tracy confessing how much of an idiot I am for getting the dates mixed up and profusely apologized.  Luckily, she took pity on me and is granting me acceptance.  She suggested that I team up with someone as opposed to taking the whole project on myself, since I have NO experience.  I full-heartedly agree with her and feel relieved that I won't have to do it all by myself right out of the gate.  I think this is going to be an awesome learning experience!!


I have also been pestering Mike's cousin, my cousin-in-law Robert, who lives in L.A. and has been in the film industry for some time, for his advice.  Since we never use to talk except at family gatherings and stuff, he's probably wishing I never quit my job.  He has been helpful though.  He actually directed a feature film, Jacks or Better, and won Best Director for it at the Dances With FilmsFestival. They also have a MySpace page.


My husband, Mike, heard from his editor yesterday that his new book Carpetbaggers, Calvary and the Ku Klux Klan should be out in March.  If you haven't already added Mike to your friends list, and you like to read, please add him.  Mike is an excellent writer and hopefully one day he'll be a well-known author.  He's also writing a couple of popular novels (which hopefully might actually pay him for writing).


Everything seems to be clicking right along.  Mike has been so supportive of me.  He is awesome!!  Now if I can just find something that comes with a paycheck, that would be icing on the cake!!


Okay, I'm off to a birthday party for my friend's two-year old daughter.  Have a great weekend!

No comments: